If you’re not sure what exactly “curb appeal” refers to, think of it as the icing on the cake. How your home appears to passersby from the street can have a huge impact on potential homebuyers and is often the deciding factor on whether or not they step foot in the door. Many homeowners call on Callen Construction for help with home exterior remodeling to improve their home’s curb appeal. When working on your home’s exterior in preparation to sell it, you’ll have the most success if you keep the following in mind:
- Take stock of your home. First impressions are everything when it comes to curb appeal. Before starting any home remodeling project, step back and take an honest look at your home. Does it appear dirty or cluttered? Are there exterior components that need to be replaced or repaired? Would your home’s siding benefit from a fresh coat of paint? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to improve your home’s curb appeal before putting it on the market.
- Keep up with maintenance. Upgrading portions of your home’s exterior isn’t going to do much good if the rest of your property is neglected. Things like scraggly grass, unkempt landscaping, and cracked sidewalks are a real turn-off, so it’s crucial to keep up with all aspects of your home’s maintenance. Doing so can often boost your home’s value just as much as those small exterior upgrades.
- Put safety first. The perceived safety and security of your home and its environs should be made a top priority. These tips are important for safety, but also have an added bonus — they improve your home’s curb appeal. To minimize security risks and detract potential intruders, be sure to…
- install motion-sensing security lights.
- line the sidewalk and driveway with pathway lights.
- keep shrubbery trimmed back from windows to eliminate hiding places.
- throw out broken lawn furniture and get rid of non-working vehicles that can make your home look neglected.
- install an attractive new entry door, which will increase security as well as draw the eye of your potentially jealous neighbors.
Contact Callen Today
For over 30 years, Callen Construction has been helping homeowners improve the aesthetics of their homes, both inside and out. If you want to work with a competent, experienced company for your next exterior remodeling project to improve your home’s curb appeal, Call Callen at 414-765-2585.