Installing a new entry door is a great option if you want a home exterior remodeling project with big impact, but not a big price tag. Not only will an upgraded entry door increase your home’s curb appeal, it will also provide an excellent return on your investment. So, the real question isn’t whether you should do it, it’s what type of material you should choose: fiberglass or steel entry doors? In the end, it really boils down to personal preference. Consider the following features of the two types of ProVia® entry doors Callen carries when making your decision.
Reasons to choose a fiberglass entry door include…
- Beauty. Choose between a smooth surface that can be painted, stained, or glazed, or wood grain textures that include Cherry, Oak, Fir, Mahogany, and Knotty Elder.
- Durability. Sturdy construction results in a door that doesn’t crack, split, warp, or shrink, making it ideal for harsh climates.
- Maintenance. Fiberglass entry doors feature a low-maintenance, easy-to-clean exterior.
- Energy Efficiency. The outstanding energy-efficient features of fiberglass doors include a polyurethane core, ComforTech™ Warm Edge Glazing System, Q-Lon® weather-stripping, and heat-resistant trim.
- Security. Solid construction provides superior security over traditional wood doors.
- Cost. Fiberglass entry doors are generally lower in cost than most high-end wood doors.
Advantages of installing a steel entry door include…
- Beauty. Like fiberglass doors, steel doors are available in either a wood-grain texture or a smooth finish in a variety of paint and stain colors. They also come in a number of different styles.
- Durability. Steel doors are extremely strong and resilient, especially those with 20-gauge steel like ProVia’s Legacy Steel line, so they don’t warp or crack.
- Maintenance. Depending on the steel thickness and the galvanization (rust prevention), steel doors can be very low maintenance. In addition, ProVia offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty and seven-year paint and stain warranty on Legacy Steel doors.
- Energy Efficiency. Steel doors are notably more energy-efficient than traditional wood doors.
- Security. Steel entry doors provide exceptional strength and security for safety-conscious homeowners.
- Cost. Steel doors offer excellent affordability and long-term value in comparison to wood doors.
Get Professional Assistance from Callen
Callen is the remodeling company to turn to if you’re ready to invest in a beautiful new entry door. For a quick and seamless installation of fiberglass and steel entry doors, call Callen at 414-765-2585.