The Home of the “PERFECT 10” Roof System
In the following pages, we will help guide you through the information you’ll need to make a smart roofing decision. We owe it to our customers to educate them about the differences between Callen Construction and our competitors.
With Callen Construction, you’ll receive a clearly defined written agreement with detailed specifications, a company with Full Insurance Protection – Property Damage, Workman’s Compensation, and Public Liability, a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty, service and communication long after project completion, 24 hour personal office contact, and a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
The company was founded on the values of Caring, Trust, and Service; values that continue to be discussed and practiced by all of us.
Home Exteriors by Callen Construction offers quality GAF roofing shingles. GAF is 100% committed to the protection of your most valuable asset, your home. When you install a GAF Advanced Protection Shingle, you are getting the very best combination of weight and performance. In fact, no one makes a better asphalt shingle for:
- Granule adhesion
- Wind Uplift resistance
- Fire Resistance
For Flat Roof installations, Callen Construction uses 60 mil EDPM rubber roofing or a Mule-Hide 60 mil TPO for superior strength and weather-ability.
Give Us a Chance to Exceed to your Expectations
Callen Construction believes strongly that long-term performance of your roof is of the utmost importance. Whether you choose from a Basic shingle or an Ultra Premium shingle, you receive GAF’s strongest warranty, the Weather Stopper Golden Pledge Warranty. We have found throughout our 28-year history that long term performance on any product cannot be compromised. Only GAF “Master Elite” Contractors can offer the Golden Pledge Warranty.
Here is a list of questions to ask before deciding on a roofing contractor.
- Does it have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)?
- Is the company a member in good standing with the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council?
- Is the company willing to provide you with a certificate of insurance?
- Will the company provide lien waivers upon satisfactory completion and full payment?
- Does its agreement with you include a start and finish date, a full description of the work to be done, a total price for the work to be done, the company’s name and address, and payment terms?
- Are the proposals detailed enough to ensure one contractor is not more thorough in their methods of installation?
- Is the style and quality of the shingle styles identical in each proposal?
- Are the shingle warranties identical, especially in how they cover materials, labor, and tear-off?
- Is there an independent factory inspection of the finished roof system?
- What type of roof deck protection is being use – basic or premium?
- Is the company using a waterproof leak barrier at the eaves, in the valleys, and around all flashings and penetrations?
- Is it using the identical ventilation methods, flashing materials for the chimney?
- Does nailing properly provide the best wind protection?
Here is an important item to remember. A roof can be 99.99% correctly installed but it’s that .01% that potentially will cause a leak. Water can enter a home through a deficiency in an area less than a square inch.”
The Callen Construction Process
- A Callen Construction representative will visit your home and do a thorough inspection of your roof.
- The Callen Construction representative will inspect the soffits for proper intake of air needed to remove warm, moist air in both summer and winter; inspect the attic for proper ventilation and insulation, and inspect gutters and downspouts and all flashings.
- The Callen Construction representative will take accurate measurements, review your inspection report, and make the appropriate suggestions and answer all of your questions. The representative will assist you in color and style selection, provide you a full explanation of the Weather Stopper Golden Pledge Warranty, and give you complete details of the roofing system included in not only a Basic Shingle, but also an Ultra Premium shingle installation.
- You will receive a full written proposal for your review.
- Your project manager will check the measurements and look at the job prior to installation and obtain the necessary building permits.
- Upon installation, the crew will cover the house, shrubs, and yard with appropriate protection. We suggest you remove valuable items from walls and shelves.
- Depending on the size of the roof, most roofs are complete within 1 – 3 days. Removal of debris and a thorough clean up of the job is a daily activity.
- Following completion, your representative will visit your home and do a final inspection and bring the warranty package.
- Within the next 60 days, an independent GAF factory representative will visit your home and do a 40 point roof inspection. The company’s running average on these inspections is a 10 out of possible 10.
Schedule Your FREE Roofing Consultation Today
Discover for yourself how Callen Construction puts the “WOW” in home remodeling! Call us today (414) 529-5509 or click here to schedule a no-obligation consultation with the best roofing & remodeling company in Brookfield, Milwaukee and surrounding areas.