Years of exposure to the elements will eventually leave your roof unable to effectively protect your family and possessions. But waiting until you see water stains on the ceiling or a puddle on the floor is never the best way to find out your roof is failing! Instead, be proactive by routinely looking for signs that indicate your roof may be damaged or nearing the end of its useful life. Here are several signs that it may be time to consider roof replacement for your home.
1) Most experts agree that a typical asphalt shingle roof will last between 20 and 30 years. If your roof has hit the 20-year mark, chances are it’s time to begin preparing for replacement.
2) Cracked, curling or missing shingles can allow water to penetrate your roof and result in leaks.
3) When an asphalt shingle roof is in need of replacement, large amounts of granules can be found in gutters. Granule loss happens as the shingle mat ages and dries out.
4) Penetration of the shingle layer or roof deck caused by hail or other impact.
5) Leaks, staining, or spotting of interior ceilings, rafters, or in the attic.
6) Streaks along exterior walls that could indicate problems with water overflow.
7) Excessive mold or moss growth that traps moisture against the roof surface.
Don’t wait until the puddles start to form! When it’s time for roof replacement, trust Callen Construction, the best roofing and remodeling company in Brookfield, Milwaukee, and surrounding areas. We are pleased to be among an elite group of roofing companies that has been named a GAF Master Elite™ contractor. Callen has also been awarded the prestigious GAF President’s Club Award, reserved for those Master Elite roofing contractors that have earned the Consumer Protection, Installation Excellence, and Training Excellence awards.
Call Callen at 414-765-2585 today to find out about high-quality, durable roofing products that will solve your leak problems and give your home an updated appearance!
Leave a Reply