Along with kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling continues to be one of the most popular choices for home renovation projects. For decades, the bathroom was viewed as merely functional, but more and more homeowners are incorporating a little luxury into their bathroom space. In this blog post, we outline the top pet peeves of those who choose to upgrade their master bathroom.
Reasons Homeowners Renovate Their Master Bathroom
Everybody has their own reasons for wanting to remodel their master bathroom, but according to a survey by Houzz, there are certain things that rank high for many homeowners. These include:
- An old and outdated design (69%)
- Functional limitations, such as insufficient storage (34%), a shower that’s too small (34%), and limited counter space (25%)
- Insufficient lighting (29%)
- Lack of natural light (10%)
Not surprisingly, after these renovations were completed, over half of the surveyed homeowners said they now spend more time in their new bathroom space than they did in their old one.
Achieving the Master Bath of Your Dreams
While you may already have a good idea of what you want from scouring the internet and poring over design magazines, Callen has an exceptional design team that’s intimately involved in every remodeling project, from the first consultation to the final walk-through. Our designers are always ready to advise and do whatever it takes to make sure your vision becomes a reality!
The Callen Construction Design Process
Callen has a tried-and-true design and consultation process where we cultivate a comfortable environment, with questions asked and ideas freely shared. Our five step process is as follows:
- Step One: After you contact our team, we’ll schedule an initial consultation for the day and time that works best for your schedule. This meeting generally lasts 60-90 minutes and takes place in our Muskego showroom, where we can focus solely on you and your needs. At this meeting, we’ll go over your project ideas, design vision, budget, and discuss the retainer process. We’ll also fill you in on how our design process works.
- Step Two: Next, your designer will visit your home personally to start the retainer process and verify your budget. At this time, the designer will also take precise measurements of your space and document it visually by taking photos. If necessary, they will continue a discussion of conceptual design ideas to ensure they have a clear picture of what you want.
- Step Three: Another meeting will be set up at our Muskego showroom, where your designer will present a detailed floor plan of the newly designed space, then review your product selections and go over the project details and further steps.
- Step Four: Our project management team, which will be managing the project through completion, will perform a walk-through of your existing space to review the floor plan, product placement, and any special design needs. The project management team is tasked with keeping the project running smoothly. They do this by monitoring progress on the job site and communicating in a timely manner about the project schedule, deliveries, and any other vital information.
- Step Five: When your master bathroom’s transformation is complete, you and your designer will take a final walk-through of the project together. At this point, they’ll go over warranty information and any other relevant project details you need to know. Then you’re free to enjoy your new space!
Work With Callen Construction
To discover for yourself how Callen Construction puts the “WOW” in bathroom remodeling and home exterior remodeling, call Callen today at 414-529-5509 or submit our online form to schedule a no-obligation consultation with our design team. We’ll be happy to provide you with a free quote for your project.