When siding a house, homeowners have a wide selection of materials, styles, and colors from which to choose. After the siding selection is made, there are many more finishing touch considerations that will improve a home’s curb appeal.
Important Finishing Touch Components That Help Complete Siding
- Corner posts. Used to provide a finished edge at an inside or outside corner. The siding from adjoining walls fits neatly into inside or outside corner post channels. Corner posts can be traditional or decorative, fluted, flat, or one-piece, and can be of a contrasting or complementary color to the siding to help define the proportion of the home.
- Door surrounds. Add depth and visual interest to a door by framing it vertically and horizontally. A door surround, which can be simple or ornate, will contribute to an entrance’s “wow” factor.
- Window mantels. The addition of a mantel can set off windows and give them added dimension. The mantel is set on the top of the window and can be a simple, flat panel or one with a more intricate design. It may also incorporate a piece of frieze board and a deep top cap to add flair to the home.
- Shutters. Another exterior accessory that sets off windows is shutters. Most people have louvered shutters but panel shutters have gained popularity, as they provide a cleaner, more sophisticated look.
- Venting. Utilitarian and needed to keep the attic temperate and ventilated, vents can also make an architectural statement and are offered in a variety of shapes to complement any home exterior style.
- Shake and half-round sidings. Add a visually striking contrast when used on gables and dormer walls, these sidings are available in a variety of colors and profiles. Their use is a unique way to separate a home from others in the neighborhood.
- Stone siding. If you like the look of stone, consider stone veneer, which comes in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. The design options are endless, from adding drama to an entryway or column, sprucing up a window, or dressing up a plain wall with an eye-catching focal point.
There are many things to consider when siding a house. As one of the best at home exterior remodeling, the Callen team doesn’t just give estimates; we’re also trained to be exterior sales design consultants, which will give you an extra edge that other remodeling companies don’t offer when it comes to re-siding your home! Call Callen at 414-765-2585 or complete our online form today.